Thursday 16 June 2011

Wanna Disco, Wanna See Me Disco?

I was gonna post most of this last Friday but the last two weeks have sucked. My cat died, my car's exhaust fell off and I paid $800 for a new one, then the next day a woman drove into me and wrote my car off, I've been sick for over a week and really all I would like is to just lie down somewhere and die quietly. Rant whinge argh ugh fail. Do you want my life? It's awesome.

But just when I think all is lost, I see oooooh, there's pretty colours and stuff to look at, I don't wanna die yet! Just lookit all this crazy crap, life is worth living, let's disco!

  • Dude, that lobster is like, blue.

  • OMG I didn't know that the awesome chick from Bikini Kill is also the awesome chick from Le Tigre, who also awesomely inspired Smells Like Teen Spirit. Which increases the awesomeness of Le Tigre by, like, a million megatrons. You know them! They sang that super-annoying/double-plus amazing song, Deceptacon! And holy crackers, here's a version by Jem and the Holograms. Cos Jem rocks my face off.

  • This guy needs his own action figure. Or at least a movie. For realz. He is like his own personal scaled down version of 300, with the Spartans and the Persians and the epic-ness and the This is Spartaaaaaaaaa! Speaking of which....My Little Pony style!

  • Self-righteous dumb people are unintentionally hilarious. Smart people who use their dumbness against them are even funnier. Check it out if you can't stand people who mess with their phones in cinemas.

  • Damn I heart book-related stuff. Such a book dork, I would happily live in a library and fondle the books all day. Check out these awesome 1971 letters from famous folk to library kids.

  • Rainbows are gay and I love them! If someone builds me a house with a rainbow walkway like this one, I shall marry them and make rainbow babies.

  • I love it that these guys have re-branded ordinary items to be artwork. And douche bags are probably buying them and going, "Yerrsssssss, existential, isn't it?" No dude, it's a fucking coke can.

  • This is super cute but don't watch it if you can't handle dead animals or precocious children.

  • I have always loved this website. They take three-frame-cuts from movies and animate them on a permanent loop, making every damn movie look luridly colourful, intriguing and like some kind of kinky dance-off. I could ogle it for hours, and have found many an amazing cult movie just by trolling their pages.
I've been on hold to my insurance company for thirty minutes now...apparently I'm progressing in the queue but it sounds like they've all buggered off to the pub. Signing off so I can find sparkly pictures and stupid songs to stop me from bashing the phone repeatedly against my desk and screaming Whyyyyyyyyyyyy???!!!

Sure you don't want my life?
Photobucket

Bianca Jagger and Jeff Bridges. This fantastic combo has made me feel infinitely better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment