Monday 30 May 2011

Random Is A Stupid Word

Random stuff I have been mildly obsessing over lately (apart from hating and needing to replace the word random - but there is no other word dammit!):

25 Reasons Why You Should Dress Up Every Day. Hell yes you should! Get crazy in that costume box like you did when you were a kid.

Watched Grey Gardens, the 2009 TV movie (based on the documentary from 1975) with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange. Both of them were brilliant and perfectly embodied the real Edie Beales. Ms Barrymore was especially awesome, getting Little Edie's flouncy mannerisms and crazy drawl so perfect I had to remind myself a few times that I was not watching the woman herself. She even did the infamous flag march, motherfuckers!

Photobucket


And I nearly wept with joy when I saw it.

Paper Heart is a cute little doco musing on the nature of love, with Charlyne Yi and Michael Cera. It's a bit of a 'scripted reality' but I loved the little songs and weird puppet shows. I may be biased, because I could watch Michael Cera pick his nose and inspect it and I'd still shout "Yay! He's so witty."

I heart cracked.com. I just like stupid lists in general I guess.

Literary tattoos. For the tattooed dork. Why didn't I think of that?

Read PattyJane's blog. There's a super-cool robot cushion guy that you are totes gonna covet. Harass them. Give them your money and a robot cushion guy can be yours to love and hug! (I think...they sell other stuff for kidlets so I'm convinced if I harass them enough they'll market the robots too).

In other news, we are distantly related to lemurs. YAY! Thanks David Attenborough, you are constantly teaching me amazing shit that makes me happy. I don't have a link for this, but I do like to daydream about being a lemur-girl.

And looook, a white Kiwi bird!

I couldn't give a shit about cooking, but fuck I love Nigella Lawson's kitchen accessories. The creamy colours make me hungry. But then, even Nigella's voice makes me hungry. And sleepy. And I kind of want her to be a nanny to my children cos she's all bosom and lips and rich foods and fur rugs, kinda like a bad romance novel but cosier. I have no link here either, but if you could buy me some of her salt and pepper piglets and milk jugs and butter dishes n shit, that would be great. Ta.

This shit still makes me laugh and sing the song for the rest of the day.

This is pretty amazing, and live too! Watch the eagles nesting, sleeping, and generally fucking around! It's like Big Brother....with eagles!

Oh and dear god I love this guy, and now he has made an homage to Jem, I love him even more. If you haven't seen his Nasty Ass Honey Badger video yet, YOU NEED TO QUIT THAT SHIT YOU'RE DOING AND CLICK THIS FUCKIN NOW! (you need sound and there is swearing, so NSFW).

Still bored? Well fuck's sake, do I look like I'm here to entertain you?

Here's a picture of Jem and The Holograms. Now shut up.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment