Thursday 28 April 2011

Oh Simon, I Heart Thee!

My ipod reminded me this morning that Ratcat RULE.



They really only had two songs (That Ain't Bad and shit....what was the other one? Oh yeah, Don't Go Now).  Both were awesome and still rock today, despite Ratcat's ultimate fade-out into oblivion. Although Simon Day (the lead singer) appeared magically on a Bonds commercial where a bunch of tarts sing That Ain't Bad (really, really badly) on the back of a truck. Or something. Who pays attention? We're looking at girls in their knickers here!

Anyway, good old Simon was drool-worthy back in the day. We all wanted to make out with him. And steal his bad leather jacket and stripey, stripey shirts.



I think Ratcat and Tim Burton are to blame for my mild obsession with stripey clothes. And I'm aware it's the wrong dude in stripes above, and no leather jacket is seen. But photos of Ratcat are hard to find, and you get my drift goddamn you.

Here's hoping they tour another Big Day Out like they did back in 2002. If freakin House of Pain can reform and tour, riding on the fame of ONE FUCKING SONG from fifteen years ago, why the hell can't anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment